No more you tube for me

Thursday, July 3, 2008

http://gizmodo.com/5021838/youtube-forced-to-reveal-username-and-ip-address-of-every-video-watched

A friend passed along along an article to me that said basically if you watch videos on youtube.com your username and IP address will be collected into a Viacom database. Now I don't know how reputable of a source gizmodo.com is because I am not familiar with it. I'm not even telling you to stop using youtube. I'm not even going to try to tell mike to stop using youtube because I doubt anything will ever come of this. I am just telling you I am not using it and I am taking down my links on here from past posts.

I am already annoyed with youtube. I am annoyed that I can never find anything besides shitty fan made trailers and pictures with music in the back ground or shitty people talking about their impressions or opinions of this or that. On a side note there is a reason that people have to take speech and body movement training before you are allowed to see their face or hear their voice in any professional or semi-professional aspect. Youtube is full of mumbling stiff people talking about shit I don't care about. I understand people do care because people are getting famous for this annoying stuff.

I also realize that there are gems amongst the filth. I found such goodens as awkward pictures which is a heaping helping of fucking funny. I realize that this genuine source of gut ache is worth your time but I also want to remind you how long it takes for you to find what you want... actually scratch that go on youtube with something in mind count how many videos you have to sift through before you find what you want. Yeah its getting more and more.

I am going to stop using Youtube and I am going to stop linking to youtube. No I don't fear Viacom or some evil fat man in a pinstriped suit smoking cigars and dialing up his little database and finding out that I watch the baltimore club remix of Chapelle's Fuck yo couch and the trailer park boys' peanut butter and jam about 8 times a day each. There are official channels on youtube that are completely legal and are no more than simple marketing. But Universal Pictures and Akward Pictures and anything else that is officially backed also has a website somewhere that you can just as easily find.

Use Youtube don't use Youtube make your decision on your own time just remember next time you accidentally click on a video you think is something else and end up watching some sixteen year old slut dance like a hoore not only do you have to deal with the frustration and annoyance of trying to find the right video but you also know that someone knows you watched that video and thinks you did it on purpose.

0 comments: