Sooooooo I'm a geek

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I've been playing video games since grade three, age 8 which is 21 years ago. I've been a giant fan of video games in general since Barry showed me his Sega Mastersystem in his dank basement.


We played Safari Hunter and Wonder Boy cross legged on a TV that still had dials. I have missed more hours of sleep than one can count over the years and am ashamed to admit that I have missed both getting drunk and having sex in favor of playing video games instead. That said there was one thing I never considered myself. I never thought I was a Gamer Geek.

Thats not to say that other people didn't think that of me. There are probably still a couple of ex-girlfriends who clench their teeth when they talk about video games because of me. Also there was that thing of my parents having to hide the ninetendo hookups after busting me at three in the morning. To me however that was all regular it came with the territory I mean games are awesome. Now I have to admit it, I cannot deny any longer, I Dale De Ruiter am a video game addict but I love it.
Why the sudden change of heart? Why admit it now instead of gradeschool when friends would accuse me of using them to play ninetendo and not really being their friend? It's totally true by the way, you guys were tools but you had ninetendo what can I say. The reason I admit it now is more of a Final straw. It wasn't something giant and momentous that made me realize it was sort of one last little thing.

I Pre-ordered Too Human for the XBox 360.


Sure you can say its a smart move securing a very exciting title that I want to make sure is there when my clammy fat hands are ready to waste life away. To be honest though the real reason I pre-ordered this Silicon Knights delight is that if you do you get bonus armor sets. THE ONLY REASON I PRE-ORDERED TO HUMAN WAS FOR MORE GEAR.

I've been playing more video games over the last year than ever before. It could have to do with my being done school and having more free time and the fact I can play whenever I want because there is a separate room so I never have to worry about roommate-tv-usage. It could also be due to the fact that I work part time at Blockbuster and get free game rentals. Yet another reason could be mike convincing me to aquire Live and the Orange Box to play team fortress with him. Although Team Fortress is pretty shitty I have logged over 10 days online play for Call OF Duty 4. All I know is I am getting fatter and singler with every tick of clock. Its ok though because I get extra armor and I'm serious when I say that makes everything OK.
I should exercise more, I should go out more, I should make more friends but I definitely NEED to play more video games.

0 comments: