Final Fantasy Thirteen: 2

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ok I was going to wait until I was done playing before I started to write my next post. Upon re-reading the first post I realized that while I'm playing if I write while the game is paused I rush it and it appears to have been written by a thirteen year old.

I actually made it about 20 minutes of not posting while playing but then I noticed something that I could not avoid.

Where the fuck does that rad wolf design on the back of Snow's bitchin leather jacket go. I mean I'm fighting shit and punching those panternonz right in dem grill pieces and I look like a bonafied bad ass mother fucker. Then the battle ends and it's back to drabsville plain trenchcoat and thug toque. Ho hum. I would just be way more ok with running around this technological maze if I could stare at the bitchin visage.

I just realized the most amazing thing. It wasn't a wolf it was a bear. It doesn't stop there. So the bitchin visage I was lamenting on before appears in battle only because it's an INDICATION OF WHAT WEAPON YOU HAVE EQUIPPED! Well met and might I say well played Square you've won yourself a squire to trumpet your glorious wonders to the masses. That squire is me.

I played for a good chunk just sucking in the greatness of the game. I would continue to try to sell you on this game but if your not already a fan of Final Fantasy games your crazy.

The leveling up system is a bit easier than I would have thought it would be. Were you can assign skills to certain battle roles and boost stats that go across all the roles. To try clear things up the battle system is somewhat hybrid of Ten 2 and Twelve which is awkwardly poetic and confusing but amazing. You can switch party roles on the fly kind of like a group dress sphere and you can say what the party memebers will do in these previously set up group paradigms. Confusing yes. But I promise theres boners for you if you play.

0 comments: