Final Fantasy Thirteen: 3

Friday, June 25, 2010

Well my bubble has finally popped. I got my first battle rating that was less than five stars. It occurred at 4:27 of game time. Which I am quite flabbergasted at the length of time I was battling so well. They say no-one is perfect but apparently I was... well for 4 hours and 27 minutes that is.

In other news I am falling in love with this game more and more every time I play it. I just took the time to master the paradigm battle mechanic and developed 6 different strategies for my team to battle under... Still really haven't used any other one that "Relentless Assault" which is were your leader attacks an enemy and your two lackeys focus on the same guy. Apparently this can be pretty effect ie that 4:27 minutes of perfection I mentioned before. Although I did switch to a defensive strategy for a boss. It was quite neat one character heals and one defends the other two while your main character attacks.

Also in riveting news developments I am over the fact that the playable character is a girl. Seeing her dominate the thug character has upped her toughness. She is the perfect amount bitch and stoic loner. The only problem is I'm probably going to have to sit through that bullshit character development angle where they show the tough character softening. Well it can't be any worse than the way that stripper witch handled it with the child and her repressed memories in Bayonetta. Final Fantasy has finally given us a strong heroic girl character I can root for without feeling like a 15 year old boy with a hard on. Super bonus theres no vanilla soft spoken love interest like all the others. I always saw myself going for the outspoken loud girls in the party.

If my reassurance can alleviate your pain then here goes. You have all probably read how the tutorials in this game last to about the 20 hour mark. It's ok. It's not annoying in fact those geniuses figured out a way to stretch the learning process out perfectly. You still get to fight enemies and progress through the story but they don't overload you. It's done so well that you never feel like your missing something or there isn't enough for to keep you mentally into the game.

By the way Final Fantasy 13 is awesome. Game of the year awesome.

0 comments: