I have built myself a monument... or two

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Since my last post I have been doing odds and ends and screwing around in minecraft. I realized that since all my digging is now connected I don't really want to go off on a wild tangent tunnel and loose my sense of closure and accomplishment from having all my bases attached. Naturally I decided to improve my already totally awesome bases.


One way I could do that is to dig out my sun shaft a bit more. Actually a lot more.


The cathartic digging forever was interrupted by that my inventory concerns. About five minutes after anyone starts minecraft they realize they fill up their inventory with annoying rock they've dug. Since there is no real use to the rock it plagues every player and burdens their useful slottage. Your first instinct is to build with it because after all why not you have all this useless material might as well find a use for it. Soon you realize it just makes everything ugly and you want to replace it with something cooler any way. Cooking your stone makes a delightful looking hard smooth block that is much much better than icky cobblestone but unless you have the patience of a saint you get bored of waiting for it too cook in about 17 seconds.

So why not just throw it on the ground and leave it there you ask? Well that shit hangs around for an annoyingly long time waiting for you to accidently walk over it where it will be picked up automatically and the whole problem just started over.

I have to credit Mike with the cleanest solution. You make a little square pool of lava and throw all your wast in there since the lava will destroy it. This option is by far the best and unless your an idiot you wont accidentally fall in the lava and kill your self loosing all your good items you wanted to keep.... Ok maybe you will do that about 43 times but just consider it a learning curve. You didn't need that near indestructible diamond pick anyway. You can always get a new one. I mean you find new ones almost NEVER. Enough of my clumsy minecraft accideaths back to the matter at hand which is my giant bagfull of rocks.

So I was preparing to go back to base to destroy all my hard earned uselessness when it dawned on me. Why not go back to your first instinct. Why not go old school. Why not get in touch with your inner child. Why not try to consciously tap into hive mind. I guess that last idea has nothing to do with my rocks,or the idea before it for that matter.

Why don't I build with these rocks.

Build something just to use all the rocks. Something GIANT. Something where the sheer enormity of it will counteract the ugliness of the blocks. Why doesn't this Pharaoh just go build himself something worth of his magnificence.

I'M THAT PHARAOH AND I DEMAND A PYRAMID.

It's just too bad that for me to actually demand a pyramid I would be talking to myself alone at 2am. I did build it though I started with a base of 40x40 and dug a trench 2 blocks deep around it so those fucking zombies wouldn't run up the side and bum rush me when I wasn't paying attention.

I'm a genius I would dig untill i filled up my inventory then just warp to the pyramid and lay the bricks down and repeat. For five hours straight. In the end I had a fancy dancy new giant sun shaft and a sweet new pyramid good enough for a king.



Sad thing is a king isn't the same as a pharaoh. It's pretty damn great but not as great. Just like my pyramid. I mean its awesome and it's pretty big. It's just not stupid big.

So i started a new pyramid beside the old one. My new pyramid would be bigger, much bigger and floating because floating pyramids are bad ass.

My second pyramid started on a 70x70 base which if you do the math is a fuck of a lot bigger and taller and much more magnificent. I can barely see from one end to the other, PERFECT.



Although it is so big that I got fed up with trying to build a floor and opted for an open design.

0 comments: