Minecraft fever dreams

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I always know I'm obsessed with something when it shows up in my dreams. Sometimes it's work, often it's sexy ladies but 90% of the time its either video games or something to do with Sci-Fi or, as my horrendous stomach flu treated me to, a mixture to both.


A couple of days ago I had a torturous night riddled with dreams which mixed Minecraft and the BBC One TV show Outcasts. If your not familiar with Outcasts, well shame on you it's really quite exquisite but for the plot of this blog it doesn't matter to heavily. Basically all you need to know about Outcasts is a bunch of people abandoned earth and settled on another planet where some of them do shitty things to each other.

The best thing about fever dreams is they make no sense. Just like the movie Lost Highway your treated to some startling imagery and intense story fragments that ultimately don't connect. Instead of playing the Saxophone and transforming into a younger self I laid black explosive blocks and could peer through walls and the ground. I know, no sense at all, awesome huh?

As far as my cognitive normal thinking mind can place together of my dreams this is what I get. I was on a planet with some other refugees from a dying planet earth. We had taken some technology with us and since I was in the future the tech was awesome. Since I am not from the future I don't really know what it was. Since we were new settlers we had to mine for resources. My mind instantly went to mine craft and the whole scenario was fashioned after the game.

Since I had the ability to see through the ground I was the miner leader. To set the scene there is a giant storm. (Since it's a new planet just take the cop out of most sci-fi and just think of a variation of a Sandstorm. The Darude kind is most preferable.) Since my mind was not being especially creative on all fronts there was a trapped family, a mom, dad, brother and sister deal. They are in a cave under the ground and I have to free them with my miner awesomeness.

Since I am still Dale in this dream I choose explosives as my tool. I get black smoking blocks and lay them down and when I want to I trip these remote mines and they explode. Every time I accidentally frappe the family the scene starts over. This triggers another constant of my fever dreams and that is a short loop. So in reality I rock back and forth clutching my stomach in a cold sweat while dream me Ground Hog Day style repeatedly blows up an innocent and tragic family. In the dream I realize the error of selecting explosives to get a family out of a cave but to my horror I don't care and continue to blow them up.

Finally a hot girl comes and tempts me with her wonderful tidbits if I basically get my shit in order and save the family. Since it's a dream the family is instantaneously saved and I am warped a bubble in the middle of space. Like in the movie the fountain except I'm not tattooing my fingers, I'm inserting them... In that hot chick.

0 comments: