Shipment

Sunday, April 20, 2008

There is one level on COD4 that is the Holy Grail of levels, and that level is Shipment. It is a TINY, tiny square map where you can throw a grenade literally from one corner of the map to the other. It seems to be only available in one play mode, Headquarters, and every time it comes up on the screen I rub my hands in sadistic glee because I know that in twenty seconds the murdering will commence.



I have played this map only about 4 or 5 times. The first time I played the level I didn't realize how the normal cautious style of gameplay turns into a furious balls-out chaotic war. The next time I played it was with Dale, and about halfway through the match I had gotten two airstrikes and three choppers.

Dale: "HOLY SHIT DUDE do you know what your score is?"
Me: "No, I haven't checked." (and didn't check then)

Then after the match I freaked out when I saw I had 113 kills and around 65 deaths. In comparison the next highest person on our team had 80 and the highest guy on the other team had 80. Now when we do Shipment anything less than 100 kills is a disappointment. Also a Shipment match always means the last game of the night for me, because I know that I won't do anywhere near as good on the next level.

Shipment Class:
Shotgun (the 2nd one), red dot sight (why not) and whatever color
3x Frags
Stopping Power
Martyrdom

In my most recent match I had 100 kills and 52 deaths, and I had actually forgotten to put on 3x frags (instead I had 2x RPG which was used a grand total of zero times.) So I suppose you could go with the grip attachment for the shotgun instead of 3x frag and still do fine.

One of the only things I prefer about Halo 3 over COD4 is how in Halo 3 you can see a kill map on the website after a match and see exactly where you killed someone. Well I have made my own kill map for Shipment, for this match.

0 comments: